Dec. 17 & 18
Marion Ross Performing Arts Center
147 N. Broadway, Albert Lea
A group of strangers is stranded in a boarding house during a snow storm, one of whom is a murderer. A full slate of suspects is present, and into their midst comes a policeman, traveling on skis. To get to the rationale of the killer’s pattern, the policeman probes the background of everyone present and rattles a lot of skeletons. Another famous Agatha Christie switch finish!
WHAT WILL AUDITIONS BE LIKE?
You will sign in and fill out an audition form to tell us about yourself. Don’t worry if you’ve never done this before — experience isn’t required. A script will be given to you at auditions. You can also request a perusal script before auditions at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be asked to read from the script, along with others who are auditioning. You do not need to attend both audition nights. One or the other is perfectly fine.
WHAT ROLES ARE AVAILABLE?
- Mollie Ralston – Proprietor of Monkswell Manor, and wife of Giles.
- Giles Ralston – Husband of Mollie who runs Monkswell Manor with his wife.
- Christopher Wren – The first guest to arrive at the hotel, Wren is a hyperactive young man who acts in a very peculiar manner.
- Mrs. Boyle – A critical older woman who is pleased by nothing she observes.
- Major Metcalf – Retired from the army, little is known about Major Metcalf.
- Miss Casewell – A strange, aloof, masculine woman who speaks offhandedly about the horrific experiences of her childhood.
- Mr. Paravicini – A man of unknown provenance, who turns up claiming his car has overturned in a snowdrift. He appears to be affecting a foreign accent and artificially aged with makeup.
- Detective Sergeant Trotter – The detective role during the play. He arrives in a snow storm and questions the proprietors and guests.
WHEN ARE REHEARSALS?
Beginning in January, rehearsals will be scheduled weeknights, with some weekend involvement closer to the performance dates, which are Feb. 14-23.
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
ACT is a non-profit, volunteer organization providing quality theatre and entertainment for our community. If you’re not interested in being on stage, there are plenty of opportunities to volunteer in other ways, such as backstage crew, building and painting sets, costumes, props, lights, sound, usher or in the box office. If you are interested in volunteering or would like more information about auditions, contact email@example.com.