Aug. 28 & 29
Marion Ross Performing Arts Center
147 N. Broadway, Albert Lea
The deputy mayor of New York has just shot himself. Though only a flesh wound, four couples are about to experience a severe attack of farce. Gathering for their tenth wedding anniversary, the host lies bleeding in the other room and his wife is nowhere in sight. A lawyer and his wife must get “the story” straight before the other guests arrive. As the confusions and miscommunications mount, the evening spins off into classic farcical hilarity.
WHAT WILL AUDITIONS BE LIKE?
You will sign in and fill out an audition form to tell us about yourself. Don’t worry if you’ve never done this before — experience isn’t required. A script will be given to you at auditions. You can also request a perusal script before auditions at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be asked to read from the script, along with others who are auditioning. You do not need to attend both audition nights. One or the other is perfectly fine.
WHAT ROLES ARE AVAILABLE?
There are roles available for five men and five women:
- Ken Gorman – A well-spoken, handsome attorney. A bit high strung.
- Chris Gorman – Ken’s elegant and attractive wife. A bit high strung.
- Lenny Ganz – An accountant who has just wrecked his brand new BMW. Irascible, sarcastic and very likeable.
- Clair Ganz – Lenny’s gossip-monger, attractive wife. A Westchester, New York, housewife type.
- Ernie Cuzak – A smug psychiatrist.
- Cookie Cuzak – Ernie’s wife and a cooking show host with a bad back. She has a very dramatic, physical personality.
- Glenn Cooper – An ambitious, polished man preparing for a run for the state senate.
- Cassie Cooper – A jealous type. Glenn’s trophy wife. Insecure, sexy, shrewish.
- Officer Pudney – A rookie cop.
- Officer Welch – A vigorous, straight-talking, veteran police officer.
WHEN ARE REHEARSALS?
Beginning just a few days after auditions, rehearsals will be scheduled weeknights, with some weekend involvement closer to the performance dates.
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
ACT is a non-profit, volunteer organization providing quality theatre and entertainment for our community. If you’re not interested in being on stage, there are plenty of opportunities to volunteer in other ways, such as backstage crew, building and painting sets, costumes, props, lights, sound, usher or in the box office. If you are interested in volunteering or would like more information about auditions, contact email@example.com.