Feb. 25 & 26
Marion Ross Performing Arts Center
147 N. Broadway, Albert Lea
Trevor and Susannah, whose marriage is on the rocks, inflict their miseries on their nearest and dearest: three couples whose own relationships are tenuous at best. This comedy takes place sequentially in the three beleaguered couples’ bedrooms during one endless Saturday night of co-dependence and dysfunction, beds, tempers and domestic order are ruffled – leading all the players to a hilariously touching epiphany.
WHO ARE THE CHARACTERS?
- Ernest: A birdlike, bumbling man of about 60. Husband of Delia, father of Trevor.
- Delia: A well-preserved, talkative woman of about 60. Wife of Ernest, mother of Trevor.
- Trevor: A self-obsessed, not too intelligent man in his 20s or 30s who drives other men crazy, but who women can find charming and funny. Husband to Susannah, son of Ernest and Delia, ex-boyfriend of Jan.
- Susannah: A slightly unbalanced and volatile woman in her 20s or 30s. Wife of Trevor.
- Jan: Wife to Nick, ex-girlfriend of Trevor. Is happy with Nick, but holds a lingering fascination with Trevor.
- Nick: Jan’s husband who spends the play complaining, as he is in bed with an injured back.
- Kate: Hostess of the housewarming party taking place and a kind soul. Wife of Malcolm.
- Malcolm: Kate’s husband who is upset with Trevor for ruining his housewarming party. He vents his frustrations by spending the night putting together furniture. Enjoys playing pranks on his wife.
WHEN ARE REHEARSALS?
Beginning in March, rehearsals will be scheduled weeknights, with some weekend involvement closer to the performance dates, which are April 18-27.
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
ACT is a non-profit, volunteer organization providing quality theatre and entertainment for our community. If you’re not interested in being on stage, there are plenty of opportunities to volunteer in other ways, such as backstage crew, building and painting sets, costumes, props, lights, sound, usher or in the box office. If you are interested in volunteering or would like more information about auditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.